If you're looking to replace or repair body panels on your vehicle, but you don't have access to a welder, you may want to consider an adhesive for certain applications.  A one-part adhesive, like Silaprene, can be applied via a standard caulking gun, and will securely bond two body panels together.  If you're simply looking to fill the gap between two body panels, then a seam sealer would be appropriate.